We’ve all heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday but today is Blue Monday…labelled as the most depressing / saddest day of the year.
Christmas seems such a long time ago – all the presents are put away, you’ve eaten (or hidden, like me) any leftover chocolate and you may be doing Dry January.
Payday in December is a distant memory and frankly it’s AGES until January payday arrives so there’s another couple of weeks of pulling those purse strings a little bit tighter…again.
It’s been a good couple of weeks since you set those New Year, New You resolutions – no doubt some of us have fallen off the bandwagon and given up on them already and are probably feeling like a failure already.
This freezing cold weather certainly doesn’t help your state of mind. I’m sure we’d all give our last few pennies to be on a beautiful white sandy beach with crystal clear waters and blue skies feeling some warmth on our faces.
Despite this, we shouldn’t lose sight of what’s actually in front of us – the here and now.
A couple of things to remember when you’re feeling a bit deflated at your desk today…
- You’re lucky to have a roof over your head
- You may have some great friends around you that you can always rely on to cheer you up
- You might have a supportive family
- If you’re hungry, you are probably able to go the cupboard, fridge or shop to satisfy your tummy
- Similarly, if you are thirsty, you can go to the kitchen and turn on the tap for fresh, clean water
- There is a wardrobe full of clean clothes at your home
- You are healthy
- You are HAPPY
What have you been grateful for today?
COMMENT / LIKE / FOLLOW & SHARE!