I thought we’d do something a little different today and as party time is here I thought I’d share some really simple gin cocktails with you
Gin Slush Puppy
There are quite a few different versions of this out there with a quite a long list of ingredients, but I tried to keep things simple. This is the easiest recipe EVER and it only contains 2….yes 2, ingredients!
Ingredients for 2 small but strong servings:
- 100ml lemonade – I found that a good quality traditional lemonade variety worked best as it had a more intense flavour
- 50ml gin
- Combine the lemonade and gin in a container that’s suitable to be put in the freezer
- Freeze until semi-solid (ours took about 3.5/4 hours to freeze)
- Grab a fork and gently break the mixture up so that it resembles that of a Slush Puppie
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
- Word of advice – this cannot be kept until the next day…it wasn’t so tasty the following afternoon!!
Bramble Gin & Tonic
Ingredients for 2 cocktails:
- 6 blackberries
- 10 mint leaves (Extra for garnish)
- Juice of 1 lemon (plus some extra slices for garnish)
- 1/4 cups syrup (simple*)
- 50ml of your chosen gin (25ml per cocktail)
- tonic water
- In your chosen drinking vessel, add 5 mint leaves, 3 blackberries, plus the juice from 1/2 of lemon and 1 tablespoon of simple syrup*
- If you’re feeling fancy, use a cocktail muddler to smash the ingredients together – if not the back of a spoon will work equally well!
- Fill each glass with ice
- Add a measure (or 2) of gin depending on how strong you like your cocktail
- Top with tonic water
- Jazz is up with a slice of lemon, blackberry and some mine leaves.
*to make a simple syrup, it really couldn’t be easier…it’s a 2:1 ratio and a batch can last a good 6 months in a sealed bottle. Try 2 cups of sugar with 1 cup of water to start with – add it to a saucepan and gently heat until the sugar dissolves. EASY!!!
COMMENT / LIKE / FOLLOW & SHARE!