Today, 13 November 2017, is World Kindness Day. We’re all too aware of the terrible news that’s been hitting the headlines recently with various ‘celebrities’. There’s always some kind of ‘drama’ on Twitter with other bloggers tearing down other bloggers which, in my mind, is completely unnecessary.
Make today the day you perform at least ONE act of kindness to either a loved one, friend or just a complete stranger. You never know what other people are going through so just a small thing might completely change someone’s day.
Be kind to others by…
- A super simple one – hold the door for the person behind you
- Buy a homeless person a meal – it doesn’t have to be anything super fancy but a warm cup of tea and a sandwich might be the only thing they have that day
- Take a pile of unwanted things to the charity store – you can read about my minimalist approach here
- If you’re a keen reader of blogs, share a post that you’ve enjoyed or leave a comment
- Buy it Back – pay for the coffee for the person behind you in your coffee shop
- Visit an elderly relative or neighbour to see if they need anything from the shop
- Pay a compliment to someone, if you love their coat, tell them!
- Spare an hour or two to do some volunteering
- Catch up with a friend you haven’t seen for a while
Don’t forget to be kind to yourself…
- Take a bath using some of your favourite products
- Read your book
- Get outside and take a walk in the fresh air…but leave your phone at home so that you can appreciate your surroundings
- Enjoy 5-10 minutes of mindful meditation
- Treat yourself! No matter how big or small…a bar of chocolate, a bunch of flowers or that handbag you’ve been eyeing up!
- Every evening, write down 3 things you’ve been grateful for that day (this is something I’ve been thinking of doing recently)
Of course, there are LOTS of things you can do – these are just a few that immediately sprung to mind! You can also read my Thinking of Others post for more ideas over the festive season