Today’s topic on #BEDM in Walk to Work…for those of you that know me, this made me giggle when I thought about how to cover this. My daily commute involves walking from the kitchen, up a flight of stairs and into our office.
When I did work in an office, W2W day was encouraged among the staff, however based on where I live and where I worked, it wasn’t an option – it was a good 11 miles…public transport involved 2 buses changes and would take me over an hour to do if I was lucky.
The benefits of Walking to Work include:
- Waking you up and spending time clearing your head and greeting the day in something less than a rush.
- Saves you money on your fuel or public transport fare
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Being mindful of your exercise…
- It gives you time to unwind, on the way home, and to let go of any stresses that the working day presented
- Ability to treat yourself to a latte (& a muffin!) on your way!
So if you decide to walk to work in the next few days, don’t forget to look up, notice your surroundings and take in those little things you probably miss whilst sat in your car.
COMMENT / LIKE / FOLLOW & SHARE